For more information on how to get your Emeritus UCard, see below:
An Emeritus identification card entitles you to all the benefits of faculty and staff retirees* such as:
- discounts at the University bookstore
- reduced prices for season tickets to theatre and athletic events
- access to Eccles Student Life Center and other University physical fitness and recreation facilities, classes, and programs with payment of membership or course fees
- borrowing privileges at University library facilities
- use of those Union Building facilities requiring a University ID card
- enrollment in one of the University’s group retiree health plan options
Beyond these opportunities, several others are available to Emeriti:
- The Emeritus ID card entitles the holder to most privileges regularly available to holders of Employee ID cards (does not apply to items specifically contracted with outside parties for employees, including purchase of software through the Office of Software Licensing)
- The specific software policy is described in this UIT’s Knowledge Base Article. If you ever leave the U, your software access will diminish notably.
- UTA/TRAX access without payment (Emeritus UCard required)
- Free admission to the Utah Museum of Fine Arts, Utah Museum of Natural History and Red Butte Garden.
- Reduced prices for season tickets to Pioneer Theatre Company programs and admission without charge to Thursday dress rehearsals of Pioneer Theatre Company productions.
- Emeriti are automatically members of the Emeriti Club. Payment of yearly dues is encouraged, but is voluntary.
- For emeritus faculty members, free membership in the University of Utah Faculty Club. An activity fee may be charged for participation in Faculty Club activities.
- Tuition-free enrollment in University, Osher, and most Lifelong Learning classes (fees apply but there is no tuition charge). A “Tuition Reduction Form” must be filed and submitted to the University Human Resources department: https://www.hr.utah.edu/forms/lib/TuitionRedForm.pdf. For more information on how to sign up for Osher classes, please click here.
- Free parking in campus “Visitor” lots**. Register your car license plate(s) – maximum of 2 – with Commuter Services. Provide your name, emeritus ID number and license plate number(s).
- Reduced price tickets, not to exceed two per game, for individual football and basketball home games, subject to availability of unsold seats.
- Listing in the University Directory.
- Eligibility to apply for research grants and to spend research funds on behalf of the University, subject to all required approvals.
- Use of University office and laboratory facilities, but only to the extent such facilities can be made available by the cognizant department chairperson or dean within the limits of approved space allocations to the department or college
- Ability to enroll in the Emeriti Club MetLife Legal Plan
*University Policy on retirement is located at Policy 5-112: Retirement and Retiree Benefits.
**All lots are automated. Click here for a map of Emeriti Club eligible visitor parking lots. Register your car license(s) (max. 2) with Commuter Services by contacting Katina.Limberakis@utah.edu. Provide your name, emeritus ID number and license plate(s). Parking is then a matter of entering the automated lots and leaving when you are finished.
How to Obtain an Emeriti UCard
Once your Emeritus status is confirmed, you will only have to provide your University ID(UNID) to the UCard office to obtain an Emeritus card. The UCard Office will not be able to mail the card to you when it is ready. You will have to pick it up at one of the two UCard Offices. There is one in the Student Union on the ground floor near the billiard tables, and another in the Hospital. For more information about those locations and their office hours, visit: UofU UCard Offices. That link can also be accessed here: https://ucard.utah.edu/. You can also e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Professors Emeriti Club Spouse/Partner Card:
- If your spouse/domestic partner already has a UNID, visit the UCard office together with that number and you should be able to both get Emeriti Club cards at that time.
- If your spouse/domestic partner does not have a UNID, there is an extra step. Email the information listed below*** to Mandy Skonhovd, email@example.com. Once that is submitted, a University of Utah ID number will be created. The new spouse/domestic partner ID number will be emailed back to you to present at a UCard office to obtain an Emeritus Spouse UCard. The required photo can be taken at that time or can be e-mailed to them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Spouse/domestic partner information:
LAST NAME (REQUIRED)
FIRST NAME (REQUIRED)
LAST 4 DIGITS OF SSN
PREVIOUSLY ISSUED UNID N/A-IF YOUR SPOUSE/DOMESTIC PARTNER HAS A UNID, YOU DON’T NEED THIS FORM (SEE ABOVE)